Monday (#Mondays) update

 

Teddy Fresh Rocks!


Monday Monday! Hows it going bros! My name is (Joel). And boy do I have a work-filled week ahead. So crack open a soda, roll up your sleeves and let's jump into it.


Animation Update-  (Youtube.com/joelotero)

I'm currently animating two new cartoons for the channel. The Jealous Tree 2: A walk in the Park; and The pilot for Obsolete Now: Where are my files David?


A walk in the Park


I've had a hard time finishing the Jealous tree one last week, (it was supposed to come out last week). My daughter collaborated with me designing some characters. She's getting better at sketching women and she also made a cute puppy that will be in the cartoon as well (hopefully).

Last week I made some comic strips for my Instagram (@joel4thewin) and I ended up making an Obsolete Now! comic in the middle of the week. I made it in Adobe Animate and I thought "why not animate it and post it" so now it's on my to do list.

Where are my files David?

New Game in the works.

I've been playing around with Unity and developing my own indie game. I will blog more on this once I have more info, but it's based on an original idea for a game I had years ago. 


Original concept for The Darkest Tower mobile Game

Now I've been designing levels and watching tutorials to make this point-n-click game a reality. It's been super exciting and fun discovering the game and designing levels for it on Photoshop. I haven't had a lot of time spent on it and my newbie anxiety in coding id maxed out at the moment, but I keep it on my to do list for when I get bored and need something more challenging.

(WIP Title screen; level 1; level 2 design)

Once it's more developed I was thinking of making a Kickstarter campaign to really make it happen (and not starve to death).



3D modeling Update (@Joel3Dsculptor on Instagram)


Speaking of challenging, I've been stuck making this 3D model for about a week (last week was very hard to be productive). I drew a cyclist for my Instagram and i thought "I should make a 3D version of this cyclist, maybe competing against another cyclist. Boy did this become a challenge and in all honesty, a drag. (no pun intended)

Bike Rider

I thought I would get more done if I broke down the model into parts (bicycle, arm, leg, etc.) and focused on each part individually and then duplicate it and change a few features. This bogged down the workflow substantially. So far I've all but scraped the project.



Comments